Thursday, September 30, 2004

Weights On, Weight Off

I'm really trying to get back into a weight training routine. Starting is the hardest part. I'm so frickin' sore I can barely do stairs (stupid squats). I'm surprised at how sore my legs are, when all my cardio is leg dependant (just goes to show that weights work the muscles differently than "usage").

My problem seems to be that I have a hard time focusing on both cardio and weights. If I weight train, my cardio sufferes, and if I concentrate on cardio, I don't weight train as regularly as I should.

It's about balance and trying to develope a structured routine. I need both to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

I was really hoping to drop below 160lbs before the end of September, which didn't happen, but I'm still fairly happy with my results for the month (I'm very close to my goal). I see a big difference in how I look, I just need to remember that I'm still a works in progress and need to continue with my efforts.