Thursday, January 13, 2005

Cheating

Matt and I decided to join the Blockbuster online service (stupid NHL lockout). So between the new releases and some favorite oldies that we've been watching, I thought I would take a look at some workout videos.

I never really did any aerobic dancing type stuff before Maya. I used cardio equipment or I walked. I have a couple of yoga workouts DVD's, but the music is just too soothing, so I pretty much stuck to a book when I started doing a little yoga.

Well, I have The Firm on it's way to me. I feel like I'm cheating on Maya. It's weird. I've been working out to Yourself!Fitness almost everyday since the beginning of October. The idea of using a different workout video is now sitting very weird with me.

Part of it I know is that I fear change. I like to know what I'm doing (yet I get bored easily). I probably won't get it until Saturday, but I'm curious to see what a different workout will be like (and I know The Firm is a cardio/strength training combo too). By no means do I plan to stop working with Maya, but it may be fun to do a different workout (sometimes it helps you appriciate what you are doing by doing something else).

Today's Positive Comment
I did an hour of cardio with Maya yesterday and was able to almost keep up. Burned 350 calories.