Tuesday, September 29, 2009

ya... uh... hi.

Wow... it's been a year. Okay, over a year.

I just read my last post. Hmmm... sounds like I gave up on weight loss.

I did.

I paid for it (as half the weight I had lost is back... and in a very short period of time).

I grew increasinly frustrated. I was walking 3 miles a day. Keeping my calories in check. All that I gained was sore feet, low self esteem and total frustration. Yuck.

Then of course I gained the 30 lbs in 3 months. So I'm back to it being my main focus in my life. Which I hate. I don't like that my entire life has to revolve over my physical activity and food. It's a lot of work. It's not fun. It's frustrating.

I am now seeing an endocronologist for my thryoid disease. She's got a much lower goal for my TSH. While I've already learned that this is not going to make losing weight easier, I am hoping that I won't be so sore, achy and tired all the time (and let's hope my frickin' hair stops falling out).

So I'm not sure how much I'll be blogging about it. I do find it theraputic to have to write down how I'm doing on a regular basis. There's a certain level of accountability that I think I need. So... we'll see. (just wish the seats on this wagon had seat belts so I didn't keep falling off!)