Friday, July 02, 2004

New Habits

I've been trying to change when I work out. It's amazing how hard it is to change something as simple as that. I've been working out before dinner for a while now. During the winter, Matt rides the trainer, since he can't ride outside. He'd come home from work, we'd throw on Around the Horn and PTI and workout together. My body and mind set is still in that zone. I'm trying to get in the habit of working out during the day, but it feels weird. It's a bit like deciding to brush my teeth before I shower... habits are hard to break.

I will say that it will be easier to workout in the mornings for the next 3 weeks. Le Tour starts tomorrow and I love to get on the stationary bike and ride while I watch the big cycling races.

I'm hoping that I can do my cardio during the day and Matt and I get into the habit of weight training together before dinner. Weights are much better to do together, especially for things like bench presses (we do have a Smith machine, but nothing beats a spotter).

I just want to break this 170lb plateau; I can't seem to get below 168lb and it just sorta fluctuates between 172 to 168 no matter what I do. Right now I'm less concerned about it, as the focus is dropping my cholesterol, but I really really want to break this plateau.