Saturday, July 10, 2004

The Vacation Curse

I always hate how any kind of break in routine throws off my attempts of a healthy lifestyle. I'm hoping this time I can get back into the swing of things quickly. Ironically, I'm very good during vacation, but because exercising is part of the "vacation" process (extra walking and I still try to be aware of what and how much I'm eating), it's the post trip that's always the challenge. Post trip depression? Probably. Since this trip was with family, I still was able to control a lot of my more of my eating, but we did eat well with some "treats" (yes, I know pecan pie with homemade ice cream isn't low cal, or the funnel cake... or the ice cream from the Creamery... but they also aren't usual foods and I don't get an opportunity to have them very often).

So the goal this week is get back on schedule with the workouts (thank goodness I've still got 2 weeks of the Tour to watch) and to track my food again.

Knowing that life is full of fun opportunities for food isn't going to keep me from enjoying them... but I can't make that kind of treating a habit.