Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Trudging Along

Well, I'm still struggling a bit with logging my food. This is dangerous for me. If I don't log/track what and how much I'm eating, I don't lose weight. There are times when it's just so much work to figure out what I'm eating.

I did weigh in this morning and I'm still at 168lbs. So that's good. I would love to see it drop, but realistically, I can't expect to eat the way I did over vacation and "lose" weight. Instead I feel really good that I balanced the "treats" with the exercise and mostly healthy eating.

I also realized that I've got to remember to wear my knee brace when I walk/jog. I felt my kneecap slip yesterday while jogging. I know part of it was the very humid weather, but why take chances. My knee hasn't dislocated since my surgery back in my teens, but this is the first time I've tried jogging as exercise. I've always avoided jogging, and I did use my knee as the reason, but in fact it was more a breast/gravity thing. Now that I have a good support bra, I felt better about the higher impact exercises. I may have to re-evaluate that today. Today I'll do spinning rather than the treadmill.