Sunday, September 12, 2004

Emotional eating

One of the problems with eating is how it is tied in to my emotions. I've had a crappy day today. My self esteem was squashed thanks to being removed from the Knitters Blogger webring. I didn't even know that I had been dropped. I don't think I did anything wrong. I feel like I'm constantly dealing with the "I can't do anything right" and "nobody likes me" low self esteem issues.

I've had some recent criticism (thru family and thru my blog) so I've already been feeling a little low, and now that I've been expelled from the webring, I really do feel that I'm just not good enough. (the 2lbs weight gain was just an other example of my failures).

So I'm not sure how to deal with these kinds of low self esteem issues any more. I can't use food as a comfort. Working out is a constant reminder of my failures (to me it's a reminder on how heavy I allowed myself to get and it really doesn't improve my mood. I actually am more likely to break out in tears while I'm exercising than any other time).

So this whole weight loss stuff is hard. Not just with the hard work or food sacrifices, but on a day to day emotional level too. Maybe a good crying jag would help?