Wednesday, September 15, 2004

The Bumpy Road to success?

I think the thing that I've learned the most in this journey of lifestyle overhaul is that there are good days and there are bad days. There are, quite frankly, a lot of bad days.

The main reason I'm doing this journal is to force myself to accountability. It would be very easy for me to "throw the towel" in. However, I've realized something. Even though I'm constantly struggling and feeling sorry for myself due to this new lifestyle, it has become a lifestyle. I may not accept it with open arms, but I can't see myself in my previous glutinous state any more. To eat whatever I want and to not exercise seems as foreign to me as eating healthy and exercising did several years ago.

It's definitely a long journey with lots of hills and valleys (and tears), but I now know that I have changed my lifestyle, even if I do mourn the loss of junk food occasionally...