Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Wednesday Weigh In

Well, it's Wednesday, and that means I weigh myself to get a sense on how I've been doing.

Sometimes I dread this process. I wasn't really dreading it this week, but I also didn't expect to see much change (see yesterday's entry: Half-Assed=Big-Assed). I was pleasantly surprised.

I'm below 162lbs. I haven't been this low on the scale in a really long time. I'm now below the weight that I got down to while on Weight Watchers (and before I went back up to over 214lbs).

So it is working. I'm still not working out as hard as I would like to be. I think I still have this "punishment" attitude about working out. I feel that I'm paying for the mistakes for what I did to put on those 214lbs instead of seeing it as a way for the nasty cholesterol to get out of my blood stream. I've got to do an attitude adjustment, or it will not be a life long change, but just something I do to lose weight. It's got to become part of my healthier lifestyle (and not a punishment for when I over eat or put on weight).