Monday, October 18, 2004

Consider My Butt Kicked!

Argh! I did a 45 min. cardio workout with Maya. I think she's as disappointed as I am that I'm not losing weight, as today was one of the hardest cardio workouts I've done. My heart rate got over 160 BPM (my max was supposed to be 151). Dammit, this plateau will break!

Actually, the weight may be holding steady, but thanks to my lovely scale, I know by body fat percentage is definitely dropping. All this cardio/weight training is definitely achieving results. I also find I'm sweating more. That's a good indication that I am working hard enough and eventually I'll see a weight drop (and of course, the heart rate monitor tells me how hard I'm working). I'm just so impatient.

I will admit I'm addicted to this program. I actually can't wait to workout and see what's in store for me. Not knowing what I'm going to be concentrating on really adds something to my workout.

I'm going to do another workout later today, but I'm not sure if I want to ride the stationary bike while Matt does his weight training or if he's going to do the core strength workout with Maya: if he does, I'll do that with him. At this point, there's no reason that I'm not losing weight, but I see improvements in other areas and I'm optimistic that the weight will eventually come off. If I can lose 50lbs, I certainly can lose an other 30. I just have to keep remembering that it is a s-l-o-w process (did I mention that I'm impatient).