Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Fat Percentage

Okay, I'm not losing weight. We know this. My scale fluctuates my weight between 160-162 lbs. Let's ignore that for the moment and talk about my fat percentage.

At my heaviest, I weight 214lbs, but we didn't get the body fat scale until I was in the 180's. At that time my body fat percentage was between 45-43% (yikes, I'm a heart attack waiting to happen). Okay, so I kept losing weight, and it got down to the low 40% (it fluctuates between 40-42%). The weight came off, but the fat percentage stayed pretty steady (even with my weight training regimen).

So now I'm down to 160ish lbs and that fat percentage and my weight have stayed the same for about 2 months now. Since I started using the Yourself!Fitness, the fat percentage just dropped significantly this week (coming off a water retention cycle). Yesterday it was at 39% and today it was down to 36%. (still weigh 160lbs, btw).

Again, I guess it shows that I wasn't being as disciplined as I thought I was being. I was going thru the motions and using the Yourself!Fitness has really been an eye opener for me as to how hard I need to work to lose weight.

I really can't say enough about this program. First I think it opens up a lot of ideas for game consoles to be more than just for gaming. I was so frustrated in the beginning using this that I almost abandoned it and I'm so glad that I stuck with it. I was so sore and tired after the first week (and lets not forget those tears of frustration!), however, I feel like I've made a lot of progress over the last 2-1/2 weeks. My enthusiasm has been revitalized and I actually do look forward to my workouts.