Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Wednesday Weigh In

Well another week has come and gone. An other visit to the good ol' scale.

Still can't quite break that 160lb plateau. I'm close (and it did jump up a bit during the week), but I really would like to see it get past the 160lb point.

I'm still using the Yourself!Fitness everyday. I'm mostly doing 30 mintues to 45 minutes of the workouts, using the recommended schedule. Since I'm still doing other cardio work (either on the treadmill or the stationary bike), I have added an extra cardio on a couple of days rather than using the equipment. (I try to burn about 300 calories a day on cardio workouts).

The biggest change I can see is in my arms. Since the treadmill and bike only use legs to get my heart rate up (which is actually hard to do), the cardio on Yourself!Fitness uses a lot of arm movement to get the heart rate up. It works well, but dang, my arms and shoulders are sore.

I went to a Whole Foods store yesterday with my friend and neighbor (so she could get some "happy meat"... the humane meat they carry is the only meat one of her family members will eat). It was my first time there, and a great resource of some healthy food choices.

I'm really trying to watch my animal fat intake (thanks to that high cholestrol number) so I'm always looking for tasty soy products. Sadly, no matter if it's soy or animal milk, the cheese was still too high in fat. My biggest struggle with my lowering cholestrol diet is the lack of cheese. I love cheese. All cheeses. I still want my grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch!! All I have to say is that it better be lowering my LDL's with all this lack of cheese! (I'm actually probably still eating too much of it, but I try to keep it to low/non fat cheese and smaller quanities... I simply can't go cold turkey on my cheese).