Sunday, October 10, 2004

First Evaluation Results

I did my first fitness progress evaluation with Yourself!Fitness. (10 workouts completed).

No weight loss since last week (but I'm retaining water, so I'm not losing sleep over that) and my flexibilty is less (but I think it's because my muscles are sore and tight). I was able to do 2 more push ups and I did more crunches than the first evaluation (I did the same for the squats, but I could do 50 squats the first time, and that's the max).

I'm glad I didn't bag this workout when it was frustrating me so much in the beginning. I'm getting comfortable with the steps on the aerobics (tho' there are still a lot of the flexibility moves that I simply can't do).

I like that it's a different workout every time you do it. Yes, its the same steps (which is good), but it's a different order and concentration is different every workout.

Matt actually was around during one of my workouts and he was impressed (can't get him to do it tho'... maybe after cycling season is over. He really hates the trainer and he wants to tone and strengthn his upper body).

I'm still supplementing the workouts with either the bike or the treadmill (I do 30-45 minutes of the Yourself!Fitness, then I bike or walk). At some point I figure my body will let go of some of the fat. I think I may still do my free weights 2-3 times a week, just because I enjoy doing them (there will be some cross over by adding it, so I'll have to figure out when to do it to allow for recovery).

Still hate the music, tho.