Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Riding the Rollercoaster...

So I'm still sore from my Sunday workout (an hour upper body concentration), but I've also picked up a little bug (probably just a headcold, but I feel like I have no energy). I did a short workout yesterday, and didn't work very hard. I'll probably do the same thing today. Or maybe I'll just do a yoga workout.

I'm still feeling pretty good about my progress. I know tomorrow is weigh in Wednesday, but I've been spot checking and it looks like I'm down to 157.5 lbs.

This is a lot of work. There is no short cut or simple solution (like just not eating carbs). It takes a lot of physical effort and meticulous balanced eating. It's a slow (and boring) process. There are days when the workout feels great. I enjoy the hard work and feel good about the process, then there are other days when it's a challenge to even put the Yourself!Fitness program in the Xbox (when I would much rather leave Halo 2 in and be playing that). Saying that, in the 6-1/2 weeks that I've been doing the Y!F, I've missed a total of 2 workouts (with a 6 days a week schedule... and I "made" up the missed workout by working on my rest day).

To me this shows how I've really changed my attitude. I now know that there is no short cut. I can't just go thru the motions, but I have to really exert myself to see any kind of results. Next month I go to have my cholestrol re-checked and I'll know that I did my best to bring it to a healthy range. That will be the ultimate test and confirmation that I need to work like this to stay healthy.