Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Wednesday Weigh In

Ugh, my weigh in didn't go well this morning, as I'm up a little in weight. I'm back to 158 lbs (I know, that's not even a full pound gain, and a lot of things could cause it). I'm thinking that since I pulled back a little on my workouts (between the cold and a pulled muscle in my back) I've had to cut my workouts in half (I've only done one hour workout this past week, all the rest were 30 minutes). I'm also thinking that I've strayed a bit on the diet (Of course since I'm not tracking I wouldn't know for sure... that's why I've got to track).

There are definite times when I question whether this is all worth it. Like on Weigh In Wednesdays and my weight is up, or when I try to buy clothes. Ugh. I got my jeans from LL Bean and they don't fit. They look frumpy on me. So I'm going to try the relaxed cut down one size and the classic cut at the same size and see if they are any better.

It's weird not knowing what fits you. I've spent my whole life knowing what looks good on me, and I assumed that since I had been this weight before the there would still be a consistancy on how things fit me. Not true. Since I'm doing more exercise than I ever have in my life, my body is changing it's shape. For the first time in my life, my full bust measurement is larger than my hip measurement. I've always had the hour glass figure, with my hips maybe a half inch to an inch larger than my bust. Not now; it's the other way around. (I haven't lost any inches in my bust in the last 20 lbs). So styles that I liked before (like the relaxed jeans to cover my fuller hips and thighs) don't fit me the same way they did before. I feel that instead of getting my body into a more traditional form (thereby making clothes shopping easier), I'm actually making it harder.

But then I remember there's more to this than the "shell". I'm not working this hard just to look good (I feel that's just a bonus). My concern is still my health and I have to remember that a little half pound gain isn't something to lose sleep over and they are only jeans. I mean, geez, I think there are more important things in life than how my jeans fit (but you wouldn't know that from this blog, would you?).

Anyway, I've got to focus a little better on my eating habits. With the holidays, it becomes more of a challange, but then Matt quit smoking while studying for the CPA (he figured if he could get thru the stress of that and not smoke, he could get thru anything) . So this is just one more challenge to deal with. It's what makes life interesting.