Monday, November 29, 2004

Surviving Thanksgiving

First holiday of the season is over. Not sure about surviving, as my weight is up a little. We'll see what the actual number is on my Wednesday Weigh In.

I tried to be reasonable, but let's face it, Thanksgiving is about food indulgence. Apple pie with real ice cream, stuffing (with bacon in it) and lots of gravy. Luckily, the leftovers are basically gone and I can concentrate again on healthier cooking. I don't think I went hog wild, but I also didn't keep with my 1300 calorie goal a day...

I did continue to workout as normal, but I do feel that my enthusiasm is dropping again. I need to get motivated again and really push myself harder. I still enjoy working with Maya and she definitely pushes me harder than I can push myself, but I feel like on some workouts I'm just going thru the motions instead of really pushing myself.

I think I still have a high expectation on how much I think I should be losing. I really want the weight to come off faster. I really would like to see a 1 lb weight loss a week, and I'm no where near there. I'm sure I should be more careful about what I eat and working harder. Yes, I see a difference in my body, but even that has sort of stalled.

Maybe I'll do a self imposed "bootcamp" for 2 weeks and really focus on my eating and workout just to jumpstart the weight loss again. I don't think Christmas will be as much as a problem as Thanksgiving, as we don't do a lot of parties and I've stopped baking cookies (which is a shame, as I love baking, but my health comes first). I simply won't bring the crappy food into the house even if it is the holidays.

Today I'll think about a schedule for what I want to do (keeping the Yourself!Fitness as part of my regimine, but adding an additional workout) and think about my eating: maybe a specific food schedule planned out would be beneficial to help me get back on track.