Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Don't get cocky now...

As I wrote yesterday, I'm trying to push myself a little more. Making the workouts a wee bit more difficult. Today was an upper body concentration. Again, no sweat on the aerobic warm up, but I felt cocky and thought I would up my hand weights to 5 lbs (I've been using 3 lbs). Well, there's no doubt that I worked hard... I'm feeling that burn!

One of the things that I have to be careful of is "going thru the motions". If given an opportunity, I'll always look for the easiest way to do something and that includes working out. I think I've been allowing myself to not work at full potential for the last couple of weeks and I needed to set new more difficult challenges. If I can ever lift my arms again, I'm sure they'll thank me for pushing them so hard today (especially when summer comes and I can wear sleeveless shirts).

Now I've got my physical challenge tomorrow and it should be a core strength concentration. Something to look forward to (I may do the stationary bike tonight since Matt will have to run on the treadmill as he couldn't ride today).