Monday, December 27, 2004

New Year's Resolutions?

Nope, I don't do them. When I decide I need to do something, I don't wait until the first of the year to change a behavior. Saying that, I do have a focus that I'm going to try this coming year: A More Positive Attitude!

I spend so much time on this blog bitching and moaning "Oh, I'm not losing weight" that instead of whining and complaining, I'm going to try to keep my focus on the positives of what I've been doing. I'm going to do at least one positive in EVERY post. It may be a simple positive (hey, I didn't run over that asshole in my car today) , just as long as it's positive.

I'm going to start today (again, why wait until a specific day to improve your life, right?).

Today's Positive Comment:
I didn't gain any weight over Christmas

I put that into the catagory of a big positive. That's no minor feat. Luckily, I didn't bake cookies and we didn't do a lot of parties or other social obligations (one of the advantages of being a professional recluse is that you don't have much of a social life). So I didn't have a lot of tempting situations. I still had some treats, to be sure, but I didn't really binge like I've done in previous years (like last year....)

I'm going to kick up my effort a bit this week and next, too. I'm going to try a two week on, two week off plan. I'm going to continue with my 1300 calorie diet and daily workout with Maya every day as I've been doing (which is obviously what I need to do to maintain my weight), but to lose, I'm going to add an additional workout every day for 2 weeks, then back to my regular schedule for 2 weeks, etc. I don't think I can focus long enough to try to lose the weight every day, every week, etc until I lose the next 40 lbs. We'll see how it goes. I think by doubling my workouts bi-monthly, I can kick start the losing again.

Tomorrow is my next Physical Challenge with Maya. I don't expect any changes.