Monday, January 17, 2005

Monday workouts suck

So I had no desire to do my workout today. Just feeling pissy and not really in the mood to put on my workout clothes and then jump around and work hard.

However I did it. Once I got started, I was fine (until Maya had me do 4 sets of V ups). However, I had to increase the cardio intensity. Which is great (and I got a couple of new exercises out of it). The drawback is that today was flexibility and she only had me do about 18 minutes of cardio (out of the 63 minutes that she had me do). I burned a whopping 159 calories. That's not enough. The stretching felt great and my muscles thank me, but I need to burn about twice that a day to lose any weight.

So I'll do an other workout before dinner. I just hate taking an hour to workout and not burn enough calories. I'll probably do the treadmill for 2 miles or so (that will burn more than enough cals), but that's going to take me about 35 minutes or so to do. It's worth it and I do have the time, it's just I would rather be doing something else instead of working out. Oh, why doesn't knitting burn enough calories????

Today's Positive Comment:
Had to increase the intensity of my cardio workout and got 2 new exercises on the bench!