Saturday, January 01, 2005

An Other Year...

Well here we are again. A new start. A new beginning. Uh-hu, I feel the same way. It's the time of year when we look back and see what we've learned and look forward to see what we can learn.

I feel good about my acomplishments this year. I learned how hard I have to work to maintain and even lose weight. I learned that even losing weight doesn't necessarily mean good health (as my LDL numbers proved). I learned that I can focus on my workouts and fit them in and they can be fun (Thanks to Yourself!Fitness).

I also learned that no matter how popular Lance Armstrong is, professional cycling is not an accepted sport in the US (as OLN only televised the Giro de Italia and Tour de France this year and didn't bother with the Vuelta due to lack of ratings) . I learned that neither the owners or players of the NHL realize that it's lockout is hardly being noticed in the US (do they even watch ESPN? Have they noticed that no one cares that there's a lockout?)

I learned that I can not eat a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch everyday, but I also learned that I really really like Bocu products.

I learned that I can build muscle and lose fat. I learned that I can gain strength and balance. I also learned that clothes that are too big are not flattering... especially bras.

I learned that every day is part of the process.
Here's to 2005... where I'll probably have to learn all this again.