Monday, February 28, 2005

Excuses Or Too Busy To Post

I've actually been pretty consistant with my workouts lately, but things have been a little hectic here and I just haven't been on the computer much.

My knitting blog is my main blog, and I do update that one usually every weekday, but even that suffered a bit last week.

My husband's brother turned 40 last week, and as a surprise, their mother flew up from Florida. So I had to get my house "company" ready. On top of that, February was "Make a Blanket Day" for Project Linus and I was trying to finish up a couple of blankets that I had just about finished to take with me.

So that's where I am. I did slow my workout routine down a bit over the last month. I was suffereing from a little burnout. I decided to cut down on how long and how often I workout and I just ate healthily, without tracking. I decided it was time to check to make sure I didn't do any damage doing that, and I didn't. I weighed in today at 154 lbs, which is what I weighed my last weigh in.

I find that to be a big relief. I was afraid that I was going to be spendig the rest of my life obsessing over my food and workouts just to maintain my weight. However, it looks like I have the ability to relax, just be aware of what I'm doing (ie: making healthy choices and keeping an eye on portions) and working out 30 minutes a day, 5 times a week. That's a very doable lifestyle for me.

Saying that, I've actually bumped it back up again this past week or so. The eating no so much (hey, birthday celebrations and company make a stridgent diet hard... but again, I'm trying to make healthy choices with a few strays here and there). I think I needed a little break from the complete focus that "loosing" takes and I'm ready to be focused again.

I will say that I'm back with Maya, too. I took a little break from her and I think we both needed a breather. Walking on the treadmill really doesn't work me as hard as she does and it's a lot less interesting. Taking the break from her as really "refreshed" me with her. I do find that her workouts are more interesting (and definitely more work) than just using the treadmill.

Next post: I'll talk about Supersize Me...