Friday, March 11, 2005

Don't Blame Me

I have to say I've about had it with Blogger. I've been trying to post for over 2 days now and it simply won't let me. I tried to leave comments on a friend's site, and it won't let me. I guess I'm going to have to move this blog back to my own domain, but I'm going to wait a bit until I have some blogging software (hint hint Matt: when you get done developing my photo album, can you write me a blogging program please?)

Anyway, I've been suffering from a nasty head cold this week. Actually, it's not that nasty, but I've got a lot of sinus pressure and I'm having problems breathing thru my nose.

I didn't think this would effect my workouts (I assumed I mouth breathed for workouts)... but I was so very wrong. I took Saturday off (my normal day off), but I also took Sunday and Monday off due to the cold. Thought I was feeling better on Tuesday and had to cut my workout short. The cold was much more of a problem than I expected. So I took Wednesday off too... now I'm starting to actually miss working out and feeling that I need to get back on schedule.

I was able to workout yesterday. Still not pleasant, but it did feel good to move and feel like I got a good workout.

I also have new motivation to lose the next 20 lbs. My current knitting project is going to be too small for me (I read part of the directions incorrectly, and I'm about 6" smaller circumfrance than I wanted). I've spent a lot of time on this sweater, and I looooove it, so I think if I work hard over the summer, it's going to fit me next fall.

My knitting is actually one of the major drawbacks in the size reduction. I have some beautiful finished sweaters that I can't wear any longer since I dropped 60 lbs. I have projects started that aren't going to fit me either. It's a price I'm more than willing to pay for a healthier lifestyle... and the great thing about knitting: it's only yarn, and projects can be ripped out and restarted!

Well, let's see if this gets posted, then I'm off to do a workout (I think it's an upper body workout today... may shoot for a 45 minutes workout for that... I'm making a sleeveless top for summer)