Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Fun With Maya

I've been using Yourself!Fitness since the beginning of October. Maya has been my "personal trainer" for so long that we've been looking for ways for me to stay interested. Well, okay she's not, as she's very happy doing the same type of workout everyday. A little warm up, a little cardio, then the day's focus. Yawn. That's gotten old after 6 months.

So I've been working a little less with her and doing some treadmill work and even did the stationary bike (which was harder than I remembered: if you haven't used a piece of equipment for a while, no matter that you're still working out, it's like starting fresh).

I still get a better, more complete workout with Maya so I thought what can I do to make it more interesting? How 'bout interval training?

I did 3 workouts with Maya back to back to back. All 15 minutes. I started with lower body (mistake... next time I'll finish with that, as each workout progressed, the step bench became more and more of a challenge... oh wait, that may be a good thing!), followed by a cardio and I finished it up with an upper body. It broke the workouts up nicely, as I had the warm up and cardio section before each target. I also liked the clock aspect. The time seemed to go faster. The other nice thing: even tho' I said 15 minutes for each, she never seems to do that, so in fact each workout was closer to 17 minutes giving me almost an hour workout.

The drawback? Well, the physical challenge came up between workouts. Oh well, I just punched in my old numbers and kept going. I do hope the next addition has some way to over ride the physical challenge. It's nice in the beginning to see it every 10th workout, but I'm not progressing that fast anymore and it comes up every other week. At this point, I should get them once a month rather than every 2 weeks.

I'm coming up on my annual in 2 months. I would love to be below 150 lbs... so I think the maintance period is slowly coming to an end. It's so hard to maintain the hard work and sacrifice I need to lose weight, but I've also showed in the last 2.5 months that I can maintain my weight very comfortably just by being aware of what (and how much) I'm eating and sticking to a comfortable workout regimine.

Today's Positive Comment
The sun is shining brightly, the days are getting longer and soon I can open the windows for some fresh air.