Friday, August 05, 2005

And Away We Go....

The Get Fit Challenge is under way... it's not too late to join us, by the way.

I set today's goal as a 45 minute workout and no soda. The no soda is getting easier, I must say, but I did have a diet ginger ale yesterday. The workout was tough. It's so hot right now, that's it's hard to motivate and work hard. Even in air conditioning (well, we also don't keep our air at a really cold temp. even with the air on, my workout room is about 80 degrees... so I also put a fan on).

I was ready to pack the workout in after 30 mintues, but realized that I wouldn't make my goal. Damn, this thing actually works!!!

Tomorrow is a tough day for exercise and diet. I know I won't have time to workout, but I'm packing my own lunch. I'm a big fan of controlling what I eat. I know that if I eat out, I never pick the healthiest choice (hence the reuben and fries on Tuesday... but I did only eat half the sandwich... how's that for justification?)

I'll be going to a Knit In and they provide sodas and cookies, we provide a chair our lunch and something to knit on. It's just a big social knitting circle kind of thing. Oh, and I'll probably do a little shopping while I'm there.

So I'm not sure what my goal for tomorrow is going to be... do I think I can handle a day with sodas and cookies????