Wednesday, August 31, 2005

August Challenge Results

Well, today is the last day of August. I had set some goals for myself as part of the Get Fit Challenge and today is the day of reckoning.

First goal was to get to 154 lbs (my lowest number this year). I weighed in this morning at 156 lbs. Geez, that's what I started the month at. At one point I was down to 154.8 lbs. So it's always this constant up and down battle. So I didn't reach my goal, but I know that setting weight loss numbers is always wonky. I'll continue to do it, but I'm not worried that the weight isn't down. The fat percentage is and I feel like I'm back on a more regular routine.

The other focus this month was to add more activity to my day. On top of my big main workout, I was going to add some "micro workouts". Small short activities. Like 20 minutes on the treadmill or bike. I would say this result was a mixed bag. I went thru periods where I was very active, then other periods where I wasn't. So this time I'm going to be more specific about how much and how often I'm going to do these microworkouts.

I will say that I do feel better right now than I did at the beginning of the month. I do think that I'm back on track for weight loss and I do know that I could potentially weight myself tomorrow and get a very different reading. Which is why the scale is evil and why we don't like it.

So here's my September goals. I'm going to increase my Maya workouts to 6 days a week for a minimum of 45 minutes per workout. 3 days a week I will be adding the micro workouts. The micro workouts will be focuced on adding an additional 30 minutes of light activity to my day. Most likely in 15 minute increments.

I do think that those micro workouts are the difference between me losing weight and not losing weight.

I will have house guests coming on Friday for 8 days. This is going to impact my eating and my workouts, but the goal is to try to stay as much on routine as possible. 8 days is a long time to lose and it would be easy to get out of sync.