Thursday, September 08, 2005

A Day Late, A Dollar Less?

Well, whatever the phrase is.

I hit my August goal today... or at least close enough that I feel like I'm on the right track. I weighed in today at 154.2 lbs. The best news is that my body fat % was down to 36%. That's the lowest I remember ever seeing it.

It just goes to show you that there's absolutely no excuse to throw the towel in. I was very disheartened when I couldn't lose the 2 lbs that I had set for my goal in August. I knew I wasn't going to give up, but I was discouraged enough that I took a couple of days off. However, I came back with more determination. I increased my workouts and my intensity with Maya. I feel better and stronger, and finally I feel that I'm on track again.

Do I expect to hit my 152 lb goal by the end of September? Well, I hope I can, and I'll work towards it, but I'll keep it in perspective if I don't make it.

I know it's a journey, not a short trip. These are lifestyle choices and the change is slow. I might be able to change my eating and workout habits, but the feeling of failure is a hard habit to break. Maybe the hardest.