Thursday, August 04, 2005

Get Fit Along?

Okay, this comes from the knitting world. For those that read this that don't read my knitting blog, let me explain.

We do KAL (knit a longs) on projects. That way we support each other, set goals, ask questions, etc for a specific project (usually a specific pattern). I'm hosting one right now to have 2 finished projects by the end of August. We're setting up mini-goals, like a daily list of what we want to accomplish, then we say if we achieved them or not. Some of us (hi Carissa!!!) are finding this very helpful to try to finish up projects.

Now, after a brief discussion on our tagboard, we're thinking of doing the same thing with fitness. Set up a daily commitement (I want to walk 3 miles today or I want to do a 30 minute workout, I want to not drink soda) types of things. I'm not comfortable setting a weight loss number goal, as I find it to be discouraging if you don't meet the goal. I would rather we set up something tangible that "we" have control over. However, I think it's up to the individual to set up the goals that they want... so anyone else interested? I'll set it up just like I do with the KAL's with a list of participants and a tagboard. All you have to do is give your overall goal for one month, then chime in regularly (minimum once a week) with your mini goals and then update them as to whether you accomplished them or not?

Sound like fun???