Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Paying The Piper

It never ceases to amaze me that what I did yesterday effects today's workout.

I went out for lunch yesterday. I ate fries and half a reuben sandwich. That's not only a lot of fat, but a lot of salt. I also had an iced tea instead of water. I didn't drink much water all as a matter of fact. So a high fat, high sodium, caffine day isn't really what I want my diet to consist of, but that's the decision I made.

Hey, I'm not going to beat myself up over one day/one meal, etc. However, I'm paying the price today. I'm sluggish, my muscles are sore and achey and I really struggled doing Maya today. I think I'll work on getting some more water in me today then try an other workout (I only did half of my 30 minutes workout with Maya... not good).

It's a shame that something that sounds good, then tastes good can have such an effect the next day. So one day off actually becomes 2 days off (unless I can get myself a little push later). Sadly, I'll have an other high fat meal tonight (not so much the sodium, as I'm cooking), but it's Matt's birthday and he gets to eat any thing he wants (hmmmm... spoonbread, steaks and an ice cream cake. yummy). All the more reason to get that second workout in...