Saturday, August 20, 2005

Sans Sodas

So the "no diet soda" rule has been in effect for a couple of weeks now. It's accomplished what I had hoped it would. I'm not nearly as achey and sore as I was. I think it's forcing me to drink more water and the lower sodium has got to be good for me.

I should actually be "sorer" (is that even a word?), as I've bumped up my workout. I'm now doing "micro workouts" a couple of times a day. Nothing hard, just trying to add a little extra movement to my day. Mostly I'm walking at a steady pace (3.0 mph) on the treadmill for 1 mile 2 or 3 times a day in addition to working with Maya.

I've also upped my workouts with Maya. I was pretty much doing 30 min workouts with her (my bare minimum workout time) but I've bumped her up to a min of 45 minutes and trying to do more 1 hour workouts.

My goal for August was to get back down to 154 lbs before the end of the month, and I'm not sure that's going to happen. However, my long term goal is to be below 150 lbs by October and I think this new schedule will help that. I've been trying not to weigh myself too much, as it just has a tendancy of discouraging me (the work to results ratio never seems fair to me). I'm going to wait until the end of the month to see if this new plan is working. If it's not, then it's time to evaluate my food logs again and see where I can make improvements.