Sunday, August 14, 2005

Sunday Night

Well, the sunburn is now in that icky scabby stage, but it no longer hurts (it's like having a huge itchy scab all over my body). Saying that, I'm feeling sooooo much better. At least I can sleep!

So to make up for the couple of missed workouts earlier in the week, I spent some time this weekend pushing myself a bit more. Extra workouts have been added (as part of my Get Fit Challenge commitement... I'm trying to increase my workouts, basically doubling how much I do a day). It feels really good to do the extra. I know it's going to pay off.

The Challenge is just what I've been needing. I've been in a lull and just not committed. I had been half assing a lot of my workouts (and as we know, half ass = big ass) and knowing that I have others struggling along makes all the difference! Plus there is a little pressure to fulfill your commitement. I was going to cut Maya short one day, but I had committed to an hour workout, and just couldn't bring myself to only do 45 minutes. What would I tell the other challengers! They've been such great inspiration!

The other thing the Challenge has been great for me is that I've really started mixing up my workouts. Actually, I can probably thank the sunburn for that. I really could only do the treadmill at first. Anything else was just too painful! I always feel more "balanced" when I do a variety things, but I still enjoy doing Yourself!Fitness the most. Quite simply, the time just goes by faster (no matter what I'm watching, 40 minutes on the treadmill is tedious).

So a big thanks to everyone participating in the Challenge! You guys are such a great inspiration!