Sunday, September 25, 2005

Game Over? Hit Restart...

I'm a gamer. I love video games. I have a considerable amount of patience when I play a game. There was a section in The Thing (a great game, btw) that took me probably over 200 tried to get thru (it was worth it). Yes, there was a section in Soul Reaver II (an other favorite... Definitely my favorite series) that I was frustrated to the point of tears. Yet I persevered and now if I replay the game, I'm surprised at how frustrated I was at that point in the game. It's not as difficult now.

Life isn't exactly like a computer game, but sometimes I need to approach my obstacles in life with that kind of patience. Specifically when it comes to my weight loss. If I don't hit my goal, instead of seeing it as a failure and a disappointment, I need to see it as a challenge to get thru. Just hit restart, and try again.

I spent the last 3 weeks in a very poor sleep cycle. Between house guests, the monthly insomnia then Matt out of town for a week, I couldn't sleep. Actually, I slept like a baby. I woke up every 1-2 hours. I felt like crap during the day. Hung over, in a fog and was just simply irritable.

I didn't workout much over the last two weeks. I did a little here and there, but the lack of sleep thru me off my schedule and I went thru the motions most of the time.

So today I hit restart and will get back into focus. I'm on a normal sleep cycle again and I really want to put myself in a position where I am successful. I've been talking a lot about my self image and my own sense of self worth lately, and that's part of the restart. The "I can do this" rather than "I'm a failure because I can't lose my last 30 lbs".

I'm coming up on the one year anniversary with Yourself!Fitness. I've lost a total of 7 lbs using the program. Not exactly a "before and after" success story, but my body has changed considerably since I've been using the program. It's still the most interesting workout I've found. I just hope there will be an update soon....

So to do a restart here's what I plan on doing:

6 days a week with Yourself!Fitness, min. 45 minutes a day
5 microworkouts a week (or non-workouts workouts)
Food Logs
Personal
Positive Reinforcement



Today's Positive Reinforcement:
I have considerable patience, when I put my mind to it.