Monday, November 07, 2005

Drawbacks Of Weight Loss That Nobody Tells You

So today is my wedding anniversary. Which means that Matt and I will enjoy a romantice dinner out (which for me means someone else gets to do the dishes.. woo-hoo)

Back when we went on our Alaskan cruise, I bought the perfect black skirt (on sale, I might add). It was longish (hit me between the calf and ankle) and in a nice knit. Had a great drape. The thing that made it perfect? Well, the top I wore with it made it dressy or casual. I could wear it with a twin set for a stylish casual dinner or with a dressy top and heels for a dressy outfit. It was comfortable, packed well and was flattering on.

Sadly, it no longer fits me. I've lost 25 lbs since I bought it. While losing the weight is fabulous, I'm mourning the loss of a perfect skirt. I know that that kind of clothing is rare to find and I will forever try to find an other and I know I ever will (as that always happens when you find the perfect piece of clothing).

So here I am with my limited wardrobe. Having lost 60 lbs with an other 30 to go, I only bought what I've needed as I've lost weight. Now I have the dilemma of what to wear tonight. We will be going to a nice resturant, so I don't want to wear too casual clothes, but I'm at a loss what I have in my closet that will fit and be the right level of "dress".

So a moment of silance for the loss of a perfect black skirt. We will miss you, but the sacrafice is necessary in the process of the goal.