Saturday, November 26, 2005

Motivation, or the Lack Thereof

So no posting is a good indication that I'm still just not motivated. I am working on it.

I've had a couple of conversations lately with people about weight loss, exercise and diet. This always helps me think about what I'm doing (or more specifically, not doing).

I know what needs to be done, but staying motivated is really really hard for me. I do not have a great attention span. I get bored easily and when I'm interested in doing something, that's all I want to do.

Lately that's been the Sly Cooper series and my knitting. The workouts have suffered. Suffered big time. Like I'm not doing any at all. I think in the last 4 weeks I've workout with Maya once and I did 20 minutes on the treadmill. Yep, that's it.

I've been asking myself what I need to do to motivate myself. Basically, I just need to do it. No excuses! So I got up, put my workout clothes on and did a 45 minute workout with Maya. I'll be paying for it tomorrow (it was upper body and my triceps are killing me now... can't imagine what they'll be like tomorrow).

The problem that I have is that once I stop working out, it's hard for me to get back on schedule. I had some severe pain in my knee a while ago and thought it would be a good idea to take a little break. Well, it's become a long break and I just can't get myself back to my daily workouts.

However, I still want to lose 5lbs before the end of the year. That's 5lbs in 4 weeks. I know I can do it, but I need to stay motivated, work harder and pay attention to what (and how much) I'm eating.

So no more excuses. If Matt can work on taking 3 minutes of his time trial time, then I can lose 5 lbs!