Thursday, November 03, 2005

Time Out, Time In

I decided that I needed a break from my weight loss goals. It's been such a major focus on my life in so many ways (including this blog) that I was getting burned out.

I will say that I spent the last month "relaxing". Less effort and time was put into the whole weight loss process. I didn't workout every day (and I'm still not, but I'm going to start concentrating on that again) and I wasn't as focused on my calories in vs. calories out.

I do recognize that my eating habits have changed. Even with a relaxed attitude, I still keep an eye on what and how much I'm eating. So yes, the eating hasn't been meticulous, but I still think we eat a very balance, healthy diet with the occassional junk.

The difference is that to lose weight I need to be solely focued on it. It gets old. There's a big difference in lifestyle between maintaining and losing weight. It's about the deficit. Being sore, being hungry, spending the time and effort. It's hard. It's really really hard. And it gets frustrating, as I swear the harder I work, the less results I see.

I know that's not the case, as it's my expectations that are raised when I work harder. I think, work harder=see more results. Quite frankly, that's not the way it works.

So here we are heading into the holiday season and I'm trying to get myself back into the "weight loss mind frame" again. Not easy, but it can be done. I did it last year. My total weight loss for 2005 has been about 1 or 2 lbs (and I may have gained that back with the relaxed attitude for the last month. It sure doesn't take much to put it on, yet it's soooo hard to take it off).

So back to the daily goals. It seems to work with my knitting, let's see if I can do it with my weight loss.

Today's goal: light day. (I'm having some dental work done today, so I'm going to keep the workout light). Let's say 2 miles on the treadmill.