Sunday, October 09, 2005

*tap tap tap* is this thing on?

well, as you may have guessed by the lack of posting, there's been a lack of motivation.

I'm slowly reverting back to a slug... and I'm not happy about it.

Part of my problem is that I get caught up in an interest and that's all I want to do... and right now that's knitting.

The problem is that knitting is a sedatary activity. It only burns 90 calories an hour. Not exactly a great way to get my cardio in. Everytime I start to workout, my mind drifts to my knitting projects and how much I would rather be knitting.

So I've been slacking with the exercise, but the eating is pretty normal. I think I have conditioned myself about the eating... and that's taken years (the bulk of my weight loss came from diet, and only the last 20 lbs or so are related to increased activity... as you can only cut so many calories out of your diet and eventually you need to start burning calories to cause a deficit). I need to focus on getting the workouts as much a part of my life as the healthy eating is.

So any suggestions? How does one kick one's own butt? What can I do to motivate myself at this point?