Thursday, January 12, 2006

Hard Work

Well, after the disasterous workout with the Kinetics program, I decided to pop Yourself!Fitness in and do a little cardio with Maya. 30 minutes to be exact.

Wow, it was tough. I got my heart rate over 170 (that's the highest it's ever been) and I was able to keep up, didn't feel like a dunce and she didn't tell me that I wasn't doing well enough (nor did she give me a zero score on a workout that was too difficult for me).

A definite confidence buider, unlike the Kinetics, which completely squashed my self esteem. I don't mind frustrating games, I actually rather like them. In my games, not in my workout. I just don't have the physical capabilities to do something like that.

So I'm sort of torn what to do. There are some aspects of Kinetics that I like, but I don't like the scoring aspect (or the "you're not doing well enough, concentrate" kind of crap that it tells me when I screw up and hit the wrong colored orb). I guess I'll just not bother with the "program" and do indiviual select workouts with it.