Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Wednesday Weigh In

Not much to report on the Wednesday Weigh In. No loss, but no gain. I'm not surprised. I'm not feeling like I'm doing enough exercise right now. I'm slowly increasing the number of workouts, but I'm still trying the Eye Toy: Kinetics and I'm just not in love with it.

Basically it's the negative reinforcement that I simply can't deal with. If I hit the wrong color orb or move in the wrong direction, I get penalized. It also pressures you to get "higher scores". I don't do sports for a reason. I don't like that kind of pressure. I just want to workout and feel good about myself. Not like I'm a failure.

I'm going to continue with the 12 week program as it's set up, but I've got to do more than it's saying. First because the workouts aren't cardio-wise difficult. The difficulty is in the game play (I would rather leave that to my games, not my workouts).

So even tho' I already did the Kinetics workout, I'll do a cardio with Maya this afternoon. Maybe this program has given me a new appriciation for her workouts. At least it might make me feel better about myself... not something that the Kinetics promotes.