Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Weigh In Wednesday

Back to the Weigh In Wednesday!

First, a confession. I'm cheating with my diet. I've decided to concentrate on portion control, so I'm doing a "lean cuisine" diet. My biggest problem with tracking my own cooking is how I cook, then trying to figure out what I'm actually eating. So frozen dinners or Boca burgers with specific portions and exact calorie counts for a bit, just to get me jump started with my weight loss again.

I will say that the biggest problem with doing the prepared foods is the sodium. I'm trying to balance that out by drinking even more water.

So since last Thursday (or was it Friday?), I've been eating my normal breakfast, a frozen dinner or Boca burger (which is typical... I sure do love my Boca Burgers!!!) then an afternoon snack, followed by a huge salad and a frozen dinner. Coninuing with the walk/jog treadmill work and Yourself!Fitness on alternate days.

The results? 155.8 lbs.

Dang, it's working (starting weight 157.8 lbs). Calories in vs. Calories out is how to lose weight, and being able to track properly is really the key. So we'll continue this process for a few weeks, then go back to regular cooking again.