Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Downward trend

Whew, the plateau has been broken! I'm down to 165.4 lbs this morning. I really see how the workouts are making a difference. I can only do so much with diet. I can only cut so many calories, eat the right balance of foods, etc so much. After that it becomes an issue of physical activity.

As I've increased my intensity (I now bike 15 miles instead of 10 and walk 3 miles instead of 1-2...6 days a week), the weight has started to drop again. There is only one way to be healthy. Eat right and exercise.

I saw an interview with Chris Carmichael (Lance Armstrong's coach) about diet (his new book is coming out on July 30th) and he says (this is VERY paraphrased) that these low/no carb diets are the lazy person's diet. They allow you to lose weight without physical activity. I've also discovered that diet can only do so much.

I just wish it wasn't such an emotional rollercoaster. I'm an impatient person and I resent how easy it is to gain weight, yet it is soooo much work to take it off.