Wednesday, August 04, 2004

You've come a long way baby...

Every once in a while I get very frustrated with my progress. I resent how much work taking care of myself is. Then I remember how far I've come...



Those were taken in March of 2002. That's not quite at my heaviest, as I had already dropped below 200lbs when those were taken. I maxed at 214lbs.

I took them so that I can motivate myself and keep track of my progress. To remind myself how hard the losing is and it's easier to maintain, than it is to gain and have to lose it again.

This process is hard, and anyone who says differently either hasn't been there or is trying to sell something. I grow tired quickly of food tracking, working out daily and having my life revolve around what I'm eating and when I'm going to work out. I've got to remember that it's all worth it at the end of the day.

Why post such pictures? If we don't learn from our past, we are destined to repeat historyl