Wednesday, July 14, 2004

It's all just a pain

I don't mind fatigue. I don't mind being sore. I don't mind being stiff. As a matter of fact, I find a certain pleasure in being stiff and sore. It shows me that I'm working hard. What I do mind is the pain. I can't seem to get into an exercise routine without pain. Sharp, white searing pain.

Before Christmas last year it my my groin. Sharp pain that caused me to suck in my breath and grab onto to something so I wouldn't crumble to the ground. I stopped working out because it hurt so much. I gained 11 lbs over Christmas (well, the soda and other "treats" at Christmas didn't help). Now I've got a knee/ankle thing (I'm guessing related. I'm probably walking/jogging differently on my bad knee and caused some inflamation in my ankle). I'm going to try using my knee brace when I walk, and I think I'm going to have to give up jogging. Which means longer workouts to burn the number of calories that I need to burn.

I have to honestly say I'm really discouraged right now. It's hard to make exercise a routine when I can't find something that I enjoy doing.