Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Who ordered this wagon, and why do I keep falling off?

Well, after some sucess, I've lost focus again. Such is my life. It was a bad week between Matt traveling and his birthday. Such is life. There will always be detours and my key is get my focus back.

I also always lose motivation when I acheive sucess. I'm down a dress/jeans size and I'm at a weight I haven't seen in years. The problem is that I get bored with the tracking and the exercise.

I do think I've learned something important about myself. I have found an odd motivation factor: proving other people wrong. I am so anti-"low carb" diets it isn't even funny. I really want to prove that it's not the way to lose weight. It's about balance and activity.

I also look at some people around me and realize that I don't want to be that lazy. I didn't realize how much laziness bothers me until I saw it in others. I don't want to be like that. I want to be an active, healthy woman. Not a fat lazy slob. So I'm off to get my fat lazy ass on the treadmill so I can turn into the active healhty woman I want to be.