Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Working Hard

I'm getting into a comfortable routine and starting to recognize how my body reacts to different workouts.

I try to vary the type of cardio I do so I don't get another overuse injury (or bored). I've been switching between the treadmill and the recumbant bike for a while now. Yesterday, I had no strength on the bike and decided I needed to use the mini-stepper more often.

I like the mini stepper for the most part. It's a hard cardio workout (especially if I do arm movements with it), but I can only do it for 20 minutes (or it over heats and the welds weaken. I know this from experience). So it's a short, efficient, supplimental workout. It's great for warming up before doing weight lifting.

I haven't really been weighing myself very often. When I have, there hasn't been much movement. Which is fine. It's also typical. Those first 12-13 lbs came off very steadily (tho' it didn't feel like that at the time) and I will expect my body to adjust to the reduced calorie and workout regimine. As Matt keeps reminding me: it's a marathon, not a sprint. I"m trying to lose 2-4 lbs a month, and that's about what I'm averaging.

So I'm still on track and feel that I'm going in the right direction.