Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Does Crying Help?

So I've been doing the Yourself!Fitness now for 5 workouts. I spent the last two crying my eyes out while I was doing it.

I'm frustrated and depressed because I simply can't do much. As much as I like the challenge and the routine, I'm thinking this isn't for me. I can't do a lot of the things (and there's no way to remove an exercise if you can't preform it).

I can't do jumping jacks for example, or any high impact "bouncing" thanks to my knee, and there is no "low impact" option. The yoga workout doesn't show you the "interval" stretches, but assumes you can do the full stretch. Instead of challenging me (which is what I think it's supposed to do), I break out in frustrated tears because to me it's just an other example of my failures.

Let me also say, I don't consider myself an "easy cryer"... I'm no Dick Vermeil, but for some reason hard workouts make me cry. I guess I'm just too easily frustrated.

I'm not going to give up yet on the program. It has only been 5 days, but if I find that it's not getting any better or more comfortable for me, I'm going to abandon it and go back to my own schedule.