Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Remind me not to take dancing lessons

So I think part of the challenge for me with the Youself!Fitness is my complete lack of coordination. I simply stumble around. I can't do any "bouncing moves", which is about half the cardio workout. So I'll stick with my treadmill, stepper and stationary bike. As much as I want to be healthy, I'm not willing to dislocate my knee ever again. (#2 dislocation at the age of 14 was thanks to jumping jacks). I also can't get my feet to do some of the moves, no matter how many times I try the tutorial or take it one step at a time. It makes me feel clumsy and that's when the frustration starts to settle in. Not an enjoyable workout for me.

I'm thinking I'm going to continue using the program, but completely change it (heehee). Actually, I'm going to follow the schedule, but change what I do. On "cardio" days, I'll do equipment rather than the aerobics, since I obviously completely suck at doing them. But I'll use the strength and flexibility programs.

So even tho' this is marketed as a personal trainer, there's actually not a lot to customize. I also have to say the music is horrible. They have different types, but it's all so bland that I see no difference between the "genres". I understand from a programming stand point about not being able to use my downloaded music, but I would find it a lot more pleasant to listen to music I enjoy rather than the synthasized crap that is on this.

So I'm not really sure I would recommend this to a novice. I think this is a workout routine suited for someone already into aerobic workouts. That would not be me :)

I was hoping for something to motivate me back into a routine, and this may have in a backhanded sorta way. I now appreciate my other workout much more. I think I just need to refocus... and get back to my Fitday logs. I simply do not lose weight if I don't log my food (even if I think I'm keeping my calories down, I must not be, as I really haven't lost any weight in over 6 weeks now: Today's weigh in was 162 lbs.)