Friday, October 08, 2004

Love/Hate Relationship

Well, it's official. I have a love/hate relationship with Maya. Actually, now that I'm getting the hang of some of the moves (thanks JTShadow, I got that damn step turn almost comfortable).

Tomorrow is my first progress evalation. I do know that my weight is down a bit (at least is was this morning). I just really really really want to get below 160lbs. It seems that I have a great run, lose 10lbs, then plateau for 10 months.

I'm still not in love with the music, but the moves and the workouts are getting a lot more comfortable for me.

The definite advantage of doing the Yourself!Fitness is that I'm using my arms a lot more than on my cardio equipment. That really gets my heart rate up, and hopefully I'm also firming up those flabbing upper arms (and maybe my Rick Rack Tee will fit me soon!!!).

I'm also back to logging my food again on FitDay (I'm no longer using the free online version, but I bought the desktop version and I'm really happy with it). I simply do not lose weight if I don't track my calories. At some point that's going to sink into my brain. It is an annoying process, especially with my "creative" cooking style.