Thursday, October 28, 2004

Wednesday Weigh In... on Thursday

Yep, I sorta skipped doing my weigh in yesterday. I know I'm still stuck. So I weighed in this morning, and I'm pretty much where I thought I would be:

weight: 158.8
fat percentage: 39.2%

Yes, there's a bit of an improvement with both numbers, but I'm far from the "one pound a week" that I was hoping for. It really does seem to take me 2 weeks to lose 1 lb (however, I can literally gain 5 in one week by simply not paying attention).

I really do resent people that can lose 5 or 7 lbs a week (yes, I know they're just starting out and all they probably have to do is cut out soda... at 140 cals a pop, that really ads up. When you've already cut all that crap out, it makes it a little more difficult to lose weight).

Matt and I were talking about it last night. Over the last 9 years, he's lost 70lbs. I forget that it is slow (his came in "bunches" and with "breaks" between large drops...). I'm just really tired of this being the whole concentration of my life. I fear that it will always be a major factor of my life. I will always have to worry if I worked out enough, am I eating the right number of calories?

I've always equated counting calories as being just like budgeting finances. You have to know how much you're spending to be able to balance your income to expenses. Just like you track your checking account, you've got to track your calories. A budget is a budget, doesn't matter if its money or if it's calories. I don't want to be in debt and have to remember that a balanced diet is just as important as a balanced bank account.

However, it's still a pain in the ass to constantly track food and workouts, but I don't want to go into "debt"... as eventually you've got to pay the piper. And just like finances, it's easier to maintain a balanced budget then correct "over spending".