Tuesday, December 14, 2004

The Holiday Plan

I have to admit, I don't have a lot of obligations for the holidays this year. We did go to an open house on Saturday and we'll go to one of Matt's co-workers place for dinner next week and I have Stitch n Bitch on Tuesday (we're having a little holiday party with cookies... that's a danger zone for me). So everall, the diet challenge of the holidays isn't really too bad for me this year.

What I decided I'm going to do is just not worry about the scale. I'm still going to work out as I've been doing and keeping my diet the way it has been, but I'm giving myself the holiday gift of ignoring the scale. I've got to stop beating myself up so much over the lack of weight loss and I think I need a break from worrying so much about why the scale isn't moving.

I also was thinking back to when I first started working with Maya and the weight came off fairly quickly. My enthusiasm was high and I actually did work out twice a day. My second workout is now being used up by video game playing. I think after the first of the year, I'm going to focus on adding a second workout 3 days a week. Again, I don't really think I can adjust my diet much more, but I need to move more (I forget how incredibly sedatary my life is).

I will miss baking cookies (sometimes it just doesn't feel like Christmas without sugar cookies)