Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Almost there...

I'm definitely feeling a bit better. I do think I needed to tone it down for a couple of days and allow some of the soreness work itself out.

The problem is that it's hard to get back into routine. I've tried to be consistant about working out, but there's now the issue of how hard to work. Part of me doesn't want to push real hard and the other part wants to get my butt in gear. I'm going to "ease" back into harder workouts. Keeping the workouts a little shorter for a bit (15 minutes to 30 minutes a day) then slowly increase them.

I'm also going to work a bit harder with the stretching/yoga. I also need to make sure I'm drinking enough water. I'm a soda addict and I have a tendancy of drinking diet soda more than I really should. I also have been noticing that I'm not getting the fruits and vegetables that I should be. This is something that I actually really have to pay attention to. It's soup season so it's easy for me to add veggies to soups, but the fruit this time of year can be a bit of a challenge. (I like to make smoothies, but it's cold enough that a smoothie doesn't really sound appealling).

There does come a time when the whole process just seems to be too much of a focus. I think that's why I have so many ups and downs. I get tired of worrying about and tracking my food. I get tired of calculating portion sizes and if I got enough exercise. Some of it has become easier as I've now been doing this so long, but other times, I just think "let's just have grilled cheese sandwiches and canned soup for dinner". So we do, and I worry about making sure we eat right the next night.

Today's Positive Comment:
Tonight we'll be having a family favorite: Orange-Currant Chicken with Toasted Walnuts from Cooking Light (April 1997 issue). Might make some whole wheat couscous for with it.