Monday, January 24, 2005

I'm getting too old for this...

I'm definitely in a "body break down" period. I feel every muscle in my body is strained or at lease sore. Not fun.

The pinched nerve has passed (thank goodness: at least I can knit), but I'm having some hip flexor issues now. So I'm still dealing with the heating pad.

I'm pretty discouraged right now. I'm still eating right, but I've got to cut back on my workouts. I'm going to concentrate this week on some stretching (my theory as to why I'm having so many issues right now: I'm not stretching enough).

This is part of my cycle of weight loss. I seem to get into a groove, start feeling good about how hard I'm working, then I get some kind of painful injury (that strained groin at Christmas was not a good combo). It's a no win situation. When I try to pace myself, I don't lose weight, when I push myself, I over do it.

Oh well, lots of water, hot baths and the heating pad. A little yoga and some treadmill walking is on schedule this week. Hopefully, I'll be back on course next week.

Today's Positive Comment:
I can knit again!!!